Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Good day, with sunshine

We've got sunshine now even though it's supposed to rain today and I'm in a very happy mood. Why? Because I got yet another ridiculous spam text/email on my phone last night, about an hour after I'd fallen asleep. Woke me right up and I had a hard time getting back to slumberland again.

Then, at 5:30 this morning, about fifteen minutes before the alarm was supposed to go off, my husband's phone received a similar text.

Ack!!

And seriously - does anyone sending these messages really believe that a person is going to rouse from sleep and say "Whoa!! Look at this great spam I got. Lucky me!! Let me go visit that website/send a reply text/whatever before I go back to sleep!"

I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you that it isn't happening here.

Before anyone suggests that we simply shut our phones off at night, please remember that we're the parents of three daughters and currently not one of them lives at home. We need to be reachable at any hour any day.

So... with all that angst, why am I happy?

Because I finally figured out how to block the crazy texts! I've looked for solutions online in the past, but I guess I was using the wrong keywords. Today, I found my answer! And I just ran a test, trying to recreate spam to my phone using filters I set up. Woo-hoo!! The test proved that the new system is working!! Very excited!

I know this is not exactly book news, but I'm in a very good mood today for lots of reasons and I just had to share this one.



No comments: