Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Working on Grace #3

Feeling pretty good about my writing today. Just over 2,000 words, so far.

Finally, finally got started on my third Manor House Mystery after Grace Under Pressure and Grace Interrupted (coming in June).

It took quite a while to figure out what sort of plot I wanted to work out this time. Although I don't know the details, I like to have a sense of what's going on in a book before I start. I used to outline like a fiend. Then a little less so. Now I outline loosely, and I use that term loosely. I've got a few basic ideas going for the start of the story, and I expect to grow it from there as I write.

This time, too, I've decided to try a new approach. I'll write the entire first draft as fast as I can to get the story in place. At that point I'll go back and actually make it into a story, rather than just a list of "what happens next."

I'm trying out titles, too. My front-runner: GRACE AMONG THIEVES.

What do you think?

PS - Next newsletter is scheduled to go out tomorrow morning!

No comments: