Okay, here goes...
I'm excited to offer bookmarks for GRACE INTERRUPTED, the second Manor House Mystery. The book comes out June 7th, but I'm hoping to let the world know it's out there before the big day.
Would you be willing to help by sharing bookmarks with your friends?
Here's the plan...
If you're willing to take 5 (five) bookmarks and pass them along (mailing 5 costs the same as mailing one, and since I only make a few cents more than the cost of a postage stamp per book, I'm doing the best I can to maximize promo dollars), let me know and I'll get them in the mail to you.
Last time I did this I was inundated by requests from people who saw the word "Free" and wanted 1 bookmark. Because some of these were clearly auto-generated requests by machines not interested in books, or mysteries, or human beings, I'm now forced to make a few rules.
1) Email me at:
Put BOOKMARKS in the subject header
2) Your request must provide some proof that you're human. "Hi, Julie," would work. Or "I belong to a book discussion group. Please send me X number of bookmarks."
3) U.S. addresses only.
4) The minimum request is 5 bookmarks. If you'd like 10, 20, or even 100 because you work in a library, or have boatloads of friends who read, or plan to hand them out at your place of business or next party - by all means, let me know. BTW - this counts as your "proof that you're human."
5) If you don't think you'll be able to pass bookmarks out (for instance: you're unable to get out or are otherwise limited), but you really, really want one, send me a note separately.
6) I will post a notice on this blog when this offer ends. Not sure when that will be. Last time I had to do it almost immediately because of so many out-of-U.S. requests and because of all the computer-generated ones. Ack! What a headache!
7) I reserve the right to refuse any requests that don't meet the above guidelines. I likewise reserve the right to fulfill requests that don't meet the guidelines.
I think that about covers it! Sheesh, so many rules for bookmarks. But you wouldn't believe the requests I received. Crazy!
Thanks for bearing with me.