Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Waiting...

I spent the last week or so formatting/fixing/analyzing/reformatting and finally, uploading a new title to Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. I have *no* idea if they'll come out properly. Sure, I did the preview, but I've been hearing horror stories about garbled uploads lately, so my fingers are desperately crossed.

My daughter did a wonderful cover for this new title. I can't wait to announce it here... and show off the great cover, but I'll wait until I know the book is live. Don't want to jinx myself.

The waiting is tough!

But finally, at least, I can get back to writing. The next Grace book awaits. This would be book #3. Someone asked me the other day what I had planned for her. I started talking about all the relationships... what may be happening with Frances, what's up with Jack, and updates from Grace's sister, but as I was talking, I realized I had no murder yet! These characters are just so real to me that I think first about them, then about the plot!

Speaking of Grace books... I just received my galleys/pass pages from Berkley. This is my last read-through to check for typos and mistakes. No room for big changes, just the necessary ones. I always get so nervous going through these. What if I find a huge inconsistency?

I'll be working on that project early next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me, okay?


5 comments:

Shel said...

LOL Julie, my fingers are now permanently crossed for you.

Julie Hyzy said...

I'm even trying to hit Smashwords - despite all the recent difficulties there. We'll see. It's gotten through the meatgrinder, but it'll be a while before I hear more. But I'm hopeful that the Kindle version will be up today.

Shel said...

Yeah, I've been hitting Amazon looking for it already.

Dru said...

I just checked and I didn't see your book.

Julie Hyzy said...

This title seems to be taking forever. I know they said it would be more than 24 hours, but I thought it would be like a restaurant where they tell you 30 minutes, but they really mean 15. No such luck! Maybe today...