Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Rumors of Ollie's (and WHCHef's) demise have been greatly exaggerated!

Twice within two days I've heard the same terrible rumor.

That I'm done writing the White House Chef novels.

That's news to me.

Number 4 - Buffalo West Wing - just came out.
Heck, with all the Tweeting and Newslettering and Facebooking I've been doing, I thought everyone knew (and was probably sick of seeing my name).

All of a sudden it seems everyone thinks BWW is the last one.

Nope!

I just turned in White House Chef #5 (the title is unconfirmed, but just wait 'til you see the trouble she gets into) - and I plan to start writing #6 in a few months.

A lot of people thought that the new Manor House series featuring Grace meant that Ollie was going away. But I love writing - love it so much I can bring out two books a year, one in each series (maybe I can even add another series ... who knows?)

Please help me spread the word:

Ollie is not going away any time soon.

She'll be nosing around in high-profile situations until 2013 - at least!

Thanks!!

6 comments:

Dru said...

I haven't heard this rumor and I'm glad that is what it is. a rumor.

Vickie said...

I hadn't heard this either, but glad I can pooh-pooh the rumors when I hear them.

I love seeing Ollie in action.

Nancy said...

I have my copy of Buffalo West Wing on order and can't wait to get it and the next book and the next! Down with evil rumors!

Julie Hyzy said...

I agree. Down with the rumors. I was lucky that people wrote to me because this could have gotten bigger before we nipped it. Thanks for helping squelch the rumors!

Linda said...

i HADN'T HEARD THE RUMOR & THANK GOODNESS IT ISN'T TRUE! i LOVE THE WHITE HOUSE CHEF SERIES.

Julie Hyzy said...

Thanks, Linda!