Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Of Giant Horseflies

My assumption is that Berkley didn't want to mess with a corporate trademark when they designed the buffalo with wings that decorate each of my new chapters in Buffalo West Wing.

But the buffalo with wings they came up with - cute as it was meant to be - inspires me (and my husband) to want to whack the page.

The best way to describe the little beasties? Giant horseflies.
Yup.

Even though nobody in the White House kitchen would be happy to encounter heavy horseflies hanging about, I don't think (fingers crossed) their presence at the beginning of each chapter will impact anyone's enjoyment of the story. Gosh, I hope not.

They're actually kind of fun now that I think about it. In a funny-looking way.

So, have you seen the giant horseflies hovering in Ollie's latest adventure? Do you have to resist the temptation to swat the book every time you come to a new chapter?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Julie,
Just got my copy of BWW last night. Had pre-ordered it from Amazon. Anyway, they DO look like horseflies or some sort of fly with a buffalo head attached instead of a regular fly head. HA! It made me chuckle anyway. Where I work we get MLK day off so I have a long weekend to check out the new book. :)

Julie Hyzy said...

LOL Heather - they do make me laugh. Hope you enjoy your day off. I am looking for a day (soon) where I can start reading again. I swear, this week will be less crazy! Fingers crossed. Hope you enjoy BWW and don't feel the urge to swat!