Thursday, January 27, 2011

New ebooks, new names?

Now that I've tested the ebook waters with my first three novels, I'm planning to epublish some of my short stories, as well as a novel that garnered rave reviews from agents and editors, but couldn't find a home at a NY house.

I posted a dilemma on FB about using my "real" name for some of my less-than-cozy offerings, and I got lots of wonderful suggestions. I think I'll keep Hyzy, but I may change my initials. Savvy readers (and readers *are* savvy) will notice the distinction and I hope to carve out a slightly different author persona with the new titles.

All my Berkley books (all cozies) are available as ebooks via Kindle, Nook, etc. but the only backlist titles I have out there are these:
(I'll be adding permanent links to this blog soon)

I'm still in the process of editing, formatting, and designing covers for the new pieces (stay tuned) but coming up with alternative initials is a fun thing to do.

What do you think about N.C. Hyzy (as in "not cozy")?

3 comments:

Shel said...

Looking forward to seeing these come out, and LOL @ N.C. Hyzy!

Dru said...

I think it will work, NC. Can't wait to read more of your stories.

Julie Hyzy said...

Thanks, Shel, thanks, Dru! I'm working on them this week. Last minute editing and proofing before I send them to you, Shel. Plus I have to get my daughter to come up with cover art... So much work!