Monday, December 20, 2010

Free Bookmarks (with a catch)

***OFFER EXPIRES DECEMBER 27, 2010***

My bookmarks for Buffalo West Wing finally arrived today! They were due here in early December, but were held up due to circumstances beyond my control. I've been waiting eagerly for them to arrive and hoping they turned out well.

Very happy to report that they look great. The front is Buffalo West Wing and the back features covers of the first three WHChef mysteries. I think they're pretty cool. There's even room on the back for me to sign them. Perfect!

Tonight (or early tomorrow) I'll be mailing out bunches to bookstores who requested them. I bet those booksellers thought I forgot. I swear, I didn't!

Additionally, I would love to send out bookmarks to readers who want them, but there is a catch. Mailing one bookmark costs 44 cents. Believe it or not, that's more than I earn per book sold. (Seriously. When authors tell you they write for the love of writing, believe it!)

Anyway, here's the deal that I think will work for everyone: If you would be willing to share extra bookmarks with reader friends of yours, I'll be happy to send you *five* bookmarks (the maximum per envelope at 44 cents). You keep one and share the other four. That's the catch. That's it. Pretty easy.

I love when readers recommend my books to friends and if I can help by sending out bookmarks, then I'm thrilled to do so.

Now... if you belong to a group - women's club, men's club, book discussion group, etc. and you'd like more than five to pass out at one of your meetings - 25, or 50, even - just let me know. Yes, that will cost me far more than 44 cents, but I would be very happy to do it. Just let me know how many you need for your event and I'll scurry off to the PO to get them out to you.

To request bookmarks, please send me an email:

Julie Hyzy (at) gmail (dot) com

no spaces, of course.

Please put BOOKMARK REQUEST in the subject and let me know how many you need and where to send them. Please also let me know if you plan to share - I am willing to send 5 at a time - and unless you mention that you're willing to share in your email, I'm going to suspect that a robot is sending the request. Let me know you're a human, let me know that you're sharing. If you need a big bunch for your group, please let me know that, too - and specify how many you need - minimum 10.

UNITED STATES recipients only. Thank you!

That's it. Couldn't be easier, right?

Oh, and one more small catch. If you request bookmarks and aren't already receiving my newsletter, you'll be signed up to receive them automatically.

Remember, Buffalo West Wing comes out January 4th!
(Nothing like waiting to the last minute with these bookmarks, huh?)
:::grin:::

2 comments:

Laineshots said...

I'll see your catch and raise you: I'll buy four extra copies, slide the bookmarks inside (though I hate to give them up - I like having multiple bookmarks around), and donate them to libraries. It's the least I can do. Thank you, and Happy Boxing Day. Enjoy your wine!

Julie Hyzy said...

Aren't you sweet, Laine! Thank you. Happy Boxing Day to you, too!

Julie