Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Moment of Triumph!

Remember not all that long ago I talked about the Star Trek convention and how I won the Trivia Challenge?

Well now (just in case you doubted the story) I have proof!

A lovely woman named Tammy was in the audience and snapped this picture which she just emailed to me:



That's me, just right of center, wearing a pink shirt (never a red shirt!! LOL) and a black sweater. Plus, I'm the only person holding up "NO."

I'm adding a second shot here, slightly zoomed in. Check out my very thoughtful expression. At that moment I was thinking, "No... his name is Porthos!"


Woo-hoo! Thanks for sending this, Tammy!
There's a PS to all this: I decided to send Tammy a copy of Grace Under Pressure as a thank you for sending this photo to me and guess what? She lives and works in a town/business called Marshfield. Just like Marshfield Manor in the book.

What a fun coincidence.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

It is so nice to have the proof for any doubters. And waht a nice thing for you to send Tammy the book. But then you are a nice person.

Dru said...

That was so cool!

Julie Hyzy said...

You're so sweet, Nancy. Thank you!

Dru - it really was! Never expected to actually win!