Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Back!

No, I'm not far enough along on my current WIP to be hanging out online. But does that stop me?

Couple of things I wanted to post here before I bury my head again:

The new Grace book, coming in June, 2011 will be titled GRACE INTERRUPTED.
I really, really love this title. Now I can't wait to see the cover. This was a fun one to write. We get to know a lot more about Jack. And a bit more about Frances.

I'm in the midst of reading the final typeset pages for BUFFALO WEST WING and I'm enjoying the story immensely even though I know what's going to happen next. Feeling really good about this story... is that bad to say? I think reading this just as I'm writing the next Ollie is helping me out a lot, too. Sometimes I forget what I've written, but I think that's normal.

I visited the Chicago Ridge Library Friday night to talk with their book discussion group and I had a fabulous, fabulous time. Pictures coming soon - here and in a future newsletter. Speaking of which, I think I ought to try to get an issue out before the next book's release. Yikes. Another to-do!

Lastly, I was able to sneak in a vacation while I was offline. That's why I'm really behind the eightball now with my deadlines. But my husband and I had planned this particular vacation for two years. I wasn't about to push it off to 2011. I'm paying the price now, but it's totally worth it. Over the next few weeks I'll share photos from the trip. Not all of them. I took over 2,000 and I don't want to bore you to tears. But once we have them organized, enhanced, and chosen, I'll post a few here.


5 comments:

Dru said...

I added Grace Interrupted to my book list and looking forward to the next White House Chef series.

Julie Hyzy said...

Hey Dru! Thanks so much for reading the blog! I just picked up a bunch of books myself. No time to read now, but I like to plan ahead!

Kaye Barley said...

Welcome back! Cannot WAIT to see your pictures, and read your newest books.

Shel said...

It'll be worth it when the deadlines are met. Glad you had a break!

Julie Hyzy said...

Hiya Kaye! Can't wait to get the pictures up, but it's taking longer than I expected.

Shel - you know it!