Friday, September 10, 2010

Ollie, Ollie, Ollie...

Popping in temporarily to say that Ollie is giving me fits today. She and I are having a disagreement about how the next WHChef book should proceed. She'll win this argument, no doubt about it. She always does.

Of course, that's as it should be. Characters in novels know their strengths, their limitations, their hopes and dreams sometimes better than their author does.

So... right now I'm scratching my head as I work on WHChef #5. As you know, #4, Buffalo West Wing is finished and in process. That one comes out in January. I'll post the cover here soon. But for now, I'm waiting for Ollie to tell me why she won't do something I want her to do. Once she explains herself, I'll have a much better idea of where this story should go.

Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Shel said...

Sounds like you need good luck, all right. I can't even imagine where Ollie thinks the next book should go. Started new school term this week, so back to the grindstone for me, too.

Dru said...

Good luck!