Thursday, August 12, 2010

SKYPEing

I'm planning my first SKYPE attempt soon. I downloaded the software but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. If worse comes to worse, I can rely on the old-fashioned telephone, but I'm hoping this will work.

Here's my question and if you know the answer, please pop in and tell me...

Now that it's all downloaded, the SKYPE folks are talking about using credits. Okay, fair enough. But I thought domestic SKYPE calls were free.

Before I load up on credits, can someone set me straight? I know the answer is probably on the site somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it. Of course, I have been known to miss things that are right under my nose...


2 comments:

Jane said...

SOrry Julie I don't know anything about SKYPE, good luck. I just wanted to tell you I just finished reading "Hail to the CHef" and before that I read "State of the Onion" I loved them!!!! I met you while on vacation in July and had never read your books, what a treat to meet an author. I am passing out your bookmarks Sat to my Book CLub and I am sure we will be reading one of your books in the future. I hope to see you again on vacation next year, same time, same place. Jane

Julie Hyzy said...

Hey Jane! How are you?
So great to hear from you. Thanks so much for stopping by - I'm thrilled to know you read the first two Ollie books and enjoyed them. Thank you for letting your friends know about them too. I really appreciate it!
Wasn't that Heartland time great? Of course, you already knew that. Rene and I had a blast. Can't wait until we can get back there again. Same time same place next year sounds like a plan!
Julie