Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chef for a Night at Tin Fish


Today I'm blogging about my big night at Tin Fish in Tinley Park, Illinois. I won the chance to be Chef for a Night! Pretty exciting stuff. I wasn't sure I'd be able to take advantage of my prize because we've been on the go so much this summer, but the stars aligned ... Curt was working late and I'd gotten through the first revision of Murder Most Civil (tentative title). I called Tin Fish the day before to see if I could get in - even on such short notice - and they were able to accommodate me!

I know that's a fairly unflattering pic, but I wanted to get one of me in my smock. The kitchen staff was running and busy, so I took it myself. Umm.. ugh! LOL

Check out the story and (better) pictures at Mystery Lovers' Kitchen today!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi, I just finished "Grace Under Pressure" and enjoyed it a lot! You are the first author I've ever had contact with. Hope you had a great time as chef and am looking forward to more stories with Grace. ♥♫

Julie Hyzy said...

Hi Marilyn,
I'm so glad you "met" Grace and that you enjoyed the book. That's always the best thing an author likes to hear. Thanks for visiting the blog and for saying hello!
Best,
Julie

Skipperhammond@gmail.com said...

Be careful playing chef. Don't you know how dangerous a job that is? Have you heard about French chef Jean-Francois Poinard? His girl friend kept him on ice for possibly 2 years. Good material for a book. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38663456/ns/today-foodwine?gt1=43001

Julie Hyzy said...

Skipper! How did I miss seeing this? You made me laugh out loud!

Julie