Friday, July 16, 2010

Slow Boat to China

Although the next Grace book (tentatively titled MURDER MOST CIVIL) isn't *exactly* finished yet (I have a couple of final scenes to write), I've gone in to begin the revision. I've found this method helps me a great deal. I don't know about other writers, but I often forget a few throwaway details along the way. It's exactly those details (if not attended to later) that can pop readers out of a story. Inconsistencies are just wrong...

Plus, revising before I write the final scenes helps me keep the flow going. At least I think it does.

In any event, this revision is going *very* slowly. Too slowly.

I wanted to jump in here today, however, to let you know that Grace really will be blogging at Killer Characters this month. As a matter of fact she's scheduled for Sunday, July 18th. Last month, as you may recall, she was detained and Ronny Tooney (that annoying PI-wannabe) had to step in. If you have a chance, check out the blog today, Angelica from Lorna Barrett's Booktown Mysteries is holding court. And that's no exaggeration. That girl likes attention!
*grin*

Okay, now that the commercial break is over, it's back to work for me!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

Julie

3 comments:

Shel said...

Keep up the hard work, Julie, and I hope you get to come up for air soon. Back to Kansas this weekend to take Jay back, but after that it's back to our normal routine.

Julie Hyzy said...

Thanks, Shel! Hope you have a safe and fun trip!
Julie

A Year on the Grill said...

Julie... I sent an email yesterday about my lucky win. May be in your spam folder (computers are smart). Here's a copy, let me know if you get this...

Greetings

I was hoping to get lucky on Ice cream day, but this is by far a terrific item to win. I told my wife about the prize this morning. She did point out that I had ordered Riley and Avery's books from Amazon, so I am still in the hole to you all. Wet blanket.

Amazon says those books will be here tomorrow (which probably means not till Monday). We just had 6 days of rain. Sure wish I had them then.

But I am digressing...

I WON I WON I WON...


now what???

do you need an address, email address???

I am going back to Kansas in 3 weeks, so send whatever you have there...

Dave Scott
4623 Aminda
Shawnee, KS 66226

or send to this email address

YearontheGrill@yahoo.com

What fun... Thanks!

Dave