Friday, May 28, 2010

Manor House? Manor of Murder? Does it "manor"?

Just found out this minute that my new Grace Under Pressure is *not* the first book in my new Manor of Murder Mystery series... it's the first in the Manor House Mystery series. I had no idea until I sat down to take a look at the author copies that arrived yesterday. But... but... Kate Kingsbury writes the Manor House Mysteries. Oh my gosh, I thought, they mixed us up!

I sent a panicked email to Berkley saying that the cover had a typo, and found out that the series name had been changed....

I feel sorry for Kate Kingsbury. She had the name first. I know I would be upset.


In the spirit of making lemonade.... do you think the cover flats I received a couple of months ago (with the original series name on them) will become collector's items?
Nah...

But...I just wanted to announce it here first.
Now I need to run around and see where I have to change it elsewhere.


9 comments:

Luke said...

Oh my gosh! you'll be rich!! ;)

Marlyn said...

I received a review copy from the publisher the other day; just checked and, sure enough, it says "Manor House Mystery".

Julie Hyzy said...

Luke: Wouldn't that be nice? Fingers crossed!

Marlyn - Interestingly I didn't notice until this morning. I received my author copies last night and took a quick look, but didn't scrutinize. In either case, hope you enjoy it!

Shel said...

The first thing Chris said was, "Quick, buy a copy of the original, it'll be a collector's item!"

Julie Hyzy said...

Chris would say that! LOL Unfortunately, only the four cover flats they sent me have my original subtitle. Think I can sell them on ebay? LOL

Shel said...

You can sell one to me, LOL!

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan said...

Speaking as a library cataloger whose job it is to establish series headings, yes, it DOES matter. :-)I'm very grateful you mentioned this on your blog so I can make an appropriate note, and add a cross reference to "Manor of murder." I'd appreciate it, though, if you'd find the person at Berkeley responsible for making the change, and smack his/her knuckles with a ruler on behalf of catalogers everywhere.

Julie Hyzy said...

Thanks, Joan. I had no idea of the ripples this change could cause. Thanks for letting me know about cataloguing! I'll be sure to be very vocal about this change so that everyone knows! Much appreciated!

Julie