Monday, March 15, 2010

Beware the Ides of March

Today - March 15th - the Ides of March. The day to "beware."
I'm not particularly superstitious, but I'm always on the alert for weirdness and not just on March 15th.

Weirdness came my way a little while ago. I went out to check the mail (wasn't here yet) and noticed that my garbage can was missing. Today's garbage day, so we'd wheeled it to the curb last night. Everybody else's garbage was still at the end of their respective driveways, but mine was not. Then, I spotted it. Next to my house - almost put away in its normal spot for the week. Now, how did it get there? The obvious answer is that someone wheeled it there. But who would have done that?

No idea.

I asked my friend and neighbor across the street (who we teasingly call Gladys Kraviz) if she'd seen anything, but no...

I'm a mystery author. I need to solve this puzzle.

As clues become available I'll let you know...
*grin*

3 comments:

Chris said...

1. Which kids were home/available?
2. Which one had you recently scolded/denied money to/played a practical joke on?

Julie Hyzy said...

LOL!! Good questions! My first thought was that a kid did this. Maybe just to be helpful...
But this happened during school hours, so that shot me down. The only thing I can think of is that -- possibly -- the garbage guys left the can on the sidewalk and someone walking by decided to move it out of his or her way. And then, once it was moving, decided to put it up where it belonged...
Maybe?
*grin*
Julie

Shel said...

I've done this to my neighbors if it was windy and their trash can was in danger of heading into the street. Maybe one of yours did something similar?