Thursday, February 04, 2010

Good Shepherd Reunion


Saturday was wonderful!! Thanks to Facebook, I reconnected with my Good Shepherd grammar school friends I hadn't seen or talked with in :::cough, cough::: years!

Ray Bernard, Al Krizka, Danny McNamara, Billy Zbroskewich and I met up at Home Run Inn Pizza on Archer and Meade in Chicago. Now, that's pretty cool, because another friend on Facebook, Michael Meade, couldn't be there. He's in Colorado, and I guess the ride in would have been a little too long ;-)

Before I go any further, let me just take a moment to talk about Home Run Inn Pizza. We all grew up very close to the original location on 31st Street. In fact, I lived less than two blocks away directly on 31st. This was the pizza we were all raised on and, I hereby claim that Home Run Inn Pizza is the BEST pizza in Chicago. No contest. In my opinion, it's got the only crust worth eating. I usually stick with "middles" when sharing pizza and if I get stuck with an end, I eat around the crust and leave it on my plate. With HRI, I nab the crusts first and enjoy every bite. They are the best. Truly, truly.

Anyway, we met at 12:30 (I was about 10 minutes late) and we sat around talking and laughing and enjoying our reminiscing until 4:00. Had the most wonderful time.

Don't we look like we're having fun? That's Al in the back. Then Danny, me, Billy, and Ray.

Nobody has changed a bit. I would recognize these handsome fellows anywhere. It's been way too long since we had this chance to goof around (and make fun of our teachers, natch!), and I hope we get together again soon, before it's another :::cough, cough::: years!

Thanks, guys, for a fabulous afternoon!
Hugs,
Julie

No comments: