Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pound for Pound, Ounce for Ounce

I checked Amazon recently and found that GRACE UNDER PRESSURE, the first in my new MANOR OF MURDER series is listed. I might have mentioned that before on this blog -- no photo yet -- but it's still cool to see it there.

What I didn't notice before today was that this new book is evidently a whopper! Amazon lists its weight at 1 pound! Wow. My three White House Chef books (including the new EGGSECUTIVE ORDERS that's being released in January) range between 5.6 and 6.1 ounces!

When I go grocery shopping, I always try to pick up the bargain size -- the box of cereal, or bag of flour that costs the least per ounce. That means, ounce for ounce, GRACE UNDER PRESSURE at the same price ($7.99) as the rest of my paperbacks... is an amazing deal!! I think everyone should pre-order at least a dozen to share with family and friends ;-)
LOL!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Hugs,
Julie

2 comments:

Lori's Reading Corner said...

I was excited to see you have another series starting. I "stumbled" on Grace Under Pressure on Amazon back in October and quickly went over to PBS t add it to my WL - #1 of course :)

Julie Hyzy said...

How cool that you found it on Amazon first! I can't wait to see the cover -- Berkley always does such a lovely job. Thanks for adding it to your wish list ;-)
I'm really looking forward to that one. It's always so much fun to start a new series and see where it goes!

Thanks, Lori!
Julie