Friday, June 05, 2009

What's my name again?

So, it looks as though my website is fixed. Both www.juliehyzy.com and www.julieahyzy.com are up and running again.

But that doesn't explain why I keep spelling my own name wrong.

Seriously. I've been typing e-mails so fast lately, that my name has been coming out "Juile" or "Jluie" or even "Jukie." My not-so-nimble fingers' favorite seems to be Juile. This has been happening for months.

I usually catch these mistakes before I hit "send" but not always. So if I e-mail you, and misspell my own name, please don't make too much fun of me. But I won't blame you if you do.

To be fair, I guess I shouldn't get upset by the many "Dear July," messages I receive, should I?

Anyway, I just wanted to vent a little at my own ineptitude. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I totally weird?

Best always,
Jules

2 comments:

Homebrewer said...

Julie -
You are definitely not alone in this problems. My name, which spelled correctly, is Jen but comes out generally as Nej or Jne. I figure at least I get all the right letters in the word, the order of the letters is really up for grabs!!!

I do notice myself mis-spelling my last name, McElroy, much more frequently when I'm signing my name to something (e.g. credit card receipts, bills, etc)... I never seemed to have this problem with my maiden name though it seemed as no one else could quite spell Haines correctly. Anyway, the struggle to change my name was way to involved that I don't even want to consider changing it again. Ever.

Jen

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. BTW, try to add some images :).