Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Niceness

Sometimes people are so nice. Actually, people are often nice. But yesterday an act of particular niceness just made my day.

I was scheduled to appear with Michael A. Black at a library event on Monday night. To promote this event, the library sent a picture and a little blurb about it to the local Southtown/Star. Now, I don't get the Southtown/Star. But I do get the Chicago Tribune.

My newspaper delivery person must also deliver the Southtown/Star, because he included 9 copies of the section that my picture appeared in with my Monday morning Trib. Inside the plastic wrapper, he'd stuffed the extra sections and included a note that read: "I found these Star parts from Sunday ... thought you may like them. Especially page 8."

Wasn't that incredibly thoughtful? I wanted to tape a big "THANK YOU" onto my garage door so that he would see it this morning. I don't know how to thank him, but I really want to.

And you know what? This just makes me want to do something nice for someone else.
:-)

2 comments:

squiresj said...

Do it - post him a thank you note on the garage door.
A friend paid for my lunch yesterday for my birthday and brought me 3 rugs because I said I was going to use my daughters birthday money for new rugs. It was so thoughtful even though the rugs were not new; they look new and they are new to me.
So I have a nightgown that says Mom in big pink letters with a silver crown on it and nightgown is black and so soft I would not have been able to purchase with my daughter's money otherwise.
Authors have been emailing me all day to wish me a Happy birthday and they are not even family. They care more about me than a lot of family. Tonight I am taking angel food cake and ice cream bars to church to celebrate with the Ranger Kids I teach and the other Royal Ranger boys I have taught in past that my husband and another Commander teach now. I want to celebrate with those who care so much about me.
God Bless.

Jessica Conant-Park said...

Aw, that is so sweet, and such a lovely reminder that there are incredibly wonderful people in the world!