Wednesday, November 26, 2008

White House Chef

Tracy Aleksy forwarded the following link (Thanks, Tracy!):

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081124/ap_on_re_us/obama_chef

I'm always on the lookout for information about our White House Chef - and this is the first article that really cuts to the heart of what's required in the job. I hope the Obamas decide to keep Cristeta Comerford in the position - and not just because it's good for Ollie.

;-)

Walter Scheib did a wonderful job of describing the needs of the position and the best candidate for it. I tried to write Ollie as a person dedicated to serving her country and after reading Mr. Scheib's description, I feel as though I hit my mark.

Hail to the Chef is due out in stores next Tuesday and the third (and last) book of my contract is now complete and about to be turned in. I really hope Ollie is "re-elected" for another few adventures. Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Homebrewer said...

Hi Julie,
I pre-ordered Hail to the Chef from Amazon months ago - like maybe last May or something as soon as I knew it was coming out. I was so excited after reading State of the Onion. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to find a package from Amazon. I opened it, surprised to find my copy of Hail to the Chef. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have it already but I am delighted. My birthday is on Sunday so I'm basically considering this as an awesome birthday present to myself! Possibly the best one this year, but don't tell my husband that!!! :)

Jen

Julie Hyzy said...

Hi Jen,

First of all, Happy Birthday!!

(November babies rule!)
;-)

Thanks for letting me know about receiving HTTC. This is the first I've heard that it's been released. Great news! I hope you enjoy reading it.

Have a wonderful birthday!

Julie

bonniew said...

Great new look to the blog! A little Christmas spirit maybe! I bet our tired after the week with the kids. He just called, have been home for about an hour!

Homebrewer said...

Julie -
I forgot to post this until now... I read HTTC - not quite in record time but it was extremely hard to put the book down! Thanks for another great addition to our home library.

Can't wait for the next one!!!

Jen

Julie Hyzy said...

Hi Jen,

I tried to e-mail you via "Homebrewer" but can't find an e-mail address. Thanks so much for letting me know you enjoyed HTTC! Means a lot to me!

Julie