Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Movie Recommendation


My 16-year-old had her wisdom teeth out today. She has boatloads of ice cream, broth, and friends to keep her company, and because the kids can't do much else, they're watching movies. The first on today's docket is one I like very much -- but one that didn't get a lot of play when it first came out.

The Prestige stars Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, and Michael Caine. It came out about the same time as The Illusionist (with Edward Norton), and though both films involve magicians, illusion, and distraction, the stories are very different. Where The Illusionist is a story of romance, The Prestige is one of intrigue.

I don't want to say much about the story, lest I ruin it, but if you likes movies that keep you guessing, you should make time to see The Prestige.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You can't go wrong with Hugh Jackman! I hope she is feeling better soon, but viewing him always does it for me...