Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Oops, I'm tagged

I've been away from my blog for so long that I didn't read my comments until today. And I didn't even get a chance to check out other blogs I usually visit ... until today.

So, I just found out that I've been tagged by Julia Buckley. And I'd better do this today before I go any further on my Edgar/Ringling week activities.

Here are the tagging rules:
Link to the person that tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself in a blog post.
Tag six people.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their post.
Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.


Okay, here goes -- Six random things:

1) I'm borrowing from Julia to get started. She claims to do a great iguana imitiation. I don't do iguana, but I do a respectable chimpanzee ;-)

2) When I was in grammar school in Chicago, I came in second place (twice) in district math contests. In high school I came in second place in a spelling bee.
Sigh... That first place trophy eludes me still ...

3) I love Star Trek, especially Next Generation. (Can you say "Geek"?)

4) Ray Bradbury called me at home.

5) I think having three teenage daughters at once was one of the best things that ever happened to me -- and to my wardrobe!

6) I have terrible short-term memory. Embarrassing sometimes. I can remember whether I liked a movie, and who was in it, but I cannot recall specific scenes, even if I just saw a film the night before. Sometimes I can't even remember endings. It's pathetic, but kinda nice in the sense that I can enjoy an already-viewed movie as though it's brand-new. Exceptions to this rule are favorites I've seen many, many times ... The Wizard of Oz, The Princess Bride, The Sound of Music, While You Were Sleeping, and It's A Wonderful Life.

How's that for random information? Now I have to think about who to tag next ...

5 comments:

Julia Buckley said...

It's amazing that you can write entire books with bad short term memory. :) You must have to re-read a lot.

You tucked that Ray Bradbury thing in there, but it's major! Wow!

Julie Hyzy said...

LOL!! I *constantly* re-read. In fact, today I saw a note I'd written a few weeks ago, with the name "Kimbrie" and thought, "Hey, that's a great name, I should use it."

You guessed it. It's already one of the characters in my new book. LOL

2KoP said...

I've been following the tag threads (Julia tagged you and Cindy who tagged me, Susan). I second Julia's "Wow!" about Ray Bradbury. I won't even ask if it was a misdial. The closest I've ever come to Mr. Bradbury is having his biographer, Sam Weller, speak to my writer's group and critique one of my pieces.

Julie Hyzy said...

Hi Susan,

Thanks for commenting. Yeah, I was pretty wow-ed by that phone call. What an incredible man. He is one of the finest writers on Earth and yet he took the time to call me to thank me for my fan letter. I'm still amazed. And awed.

BTW - I enjoyed your list of six, too!

Julie

文章 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,聊天室,情色,a片,AV女優