Thursday, March 20, 2008

HAIL TO THE CHEF

No, I'm not singing my protagonist's, Ollie's, praises.

I'm announcing the title of the second book in the White House Chef Mystery series. I originally came up with a different, longer title, but the wise people at Berkley decided against my suggestion and have come up with: HAIL TO THE CHEF.

I like it a lot. And I think it suits the story very well.

This second book, after STATE OF THE ONION, takes place at the White House (natch) during the Thanksgiving holidays and just as the presidential mansion is opened for visitors for the holiday season. Although the book isn't scheduled to be released until January, 2009, I keep hoping for news that they'll bring it out early to coincide with the 2008 holiday season. Unlikely, I know. But a girl can hope, right?

Thanks for popping in. Have a great weekend! I'm currently at work on book #3. Appropriately enough, this one will be set during the White House Easter Egg Roll! I'm getting in the mood by downing plenty of Dove truffle eggs (available only this time of year).

Chocolate always helps the creative process and this is some eggscellent chocolate!

4 comments:

Lesa said...

Hail to the Chef! I love it. Yes, it would be nice if it came out for the holidays.

Oh, I can't wait to hear the title for the Easter Egg Roll!

Li said...

Great title - and I'm looking forward to it (nine more months -sigh). I loved "State of the Onion", btw!

Julie Hyzy said...

Thanks so much for dropping in and giving me your thumbs-up on the new title.

;-)

Jennie W said...

I just read your first installment of this series and I have to say I was hoping that the second book was already out, but I guess I'll just have to anticipate it! Can't wait to read Hail to the Chief!