Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Cruelest Month

I've heard April referred to as "The Cruelest Month" - but my high school math teacher, Sr. Dolorosa, insisted that distinction belonged to March. This year, however, I believe that cruel title belongs to February. I'm happy to see that month disappear and my only regret was that it was one day longer than it should have been.

Here it is, the second day of March, and things already look better on the horizon. We spent yesterday with old friends, and today dawned bright and beautiful. With a high of 48 degrees, this was practically t-shirt weather for winter-weary Chicagoans. We went out for a walk in the sunshine, and decided that things will be good again. Soon.

March is a long month. A full 31 days. I plan to enjoy every minute of every single day. I hope you do, too.

No comments: