Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Poor Neglected Blog

Well, it's been far too long since I've blogged here. If I haven't mentioned LOVE IS MURDER enough yet - consider this another reminder. Love Is Murder, a wonderful mystery conference for readers, writers, and lovers of crime fiction, comes to Chicago the first weekend in February.

Keeping up with all the schedule changes and panelist updates has kept me from blogging. Every day, by the time I have a chance to access this site, it's usually very late at night and my brain cells are wrung out. The last thing I want to do is wreak my rambling prose on poor readers, so I've been shutting the computer down every night vowing that *tomorrow* I'll get back to the blog.

And, as my father used to say, "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!"

Well - the big news, of course, is that STATE OF THE ONION has made it to the bookstores! I walked into my neighborhood BN and there it was. I was so surprised to see it, I yelped -- much to my 15 year-old's chagrin. This is as much fun as seeing my first book on the shelves. Maybe even more fun.

Augie Aleksy, of Centuries & Sleuths bookstore, hosted my launch party on Sunday and I have to say it went exceptionally well. I forgot my camera, but Julia Buckley blogged about it here: Mysterious Musings: Nothing Like A Good New Read and my daughters (two of whom were in town and able to be part of it) promise me pictures one of these days.

I want to say thank you to everyone who came to Sunday's party - and without whose support I could never make it in this business. And I want to say thanks, too, to all the wonderful readers who have been e-mailing me via the website. It's wonderful to hear from readers who are enjoying the book. And wonderful to have a book that's so widely available.

Tomorrow I head to NYC for my MWA orientation. Leaving the family home to fend for themselves is always nerve-wracking, but I can't wait to get back to the Big Apple. Despite the 30 degree rainy weather ;-)

2 comments:

bibliochef said...

hi. i have a blog and just finished state of the onion! keep an eye out at http://www.cookingwithideas.typepad.com for a review! And leave a comment (rather than email me since my email is work and this is a hobby!) The book was loads of fun!

Anonymous said...

Julie: Your book was a cut above, But I think you need to explore that complex caractor of Dennis more.