Monday, December 03, 2007

A Little Late...

Yes, it's been a while since I've posted. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful. We went to my brother's which meant no cleaning at my house, and that's always reason to give thanks.
;-)

Today I'd like to direct you to Julia Buckley's blog http://juliabuckley.blogspot.com/ where she interviews Diana Vickery. Diana created the Cozy Library site, where I've been fortunate to have had my books mentioned. It's a great place to learn more about all sorts of cozy mysteries and their writers.

Also on Julia's Mysterious Musings site (scroll down a bit) is her tribute to William Blake. I *love* his poem "The Tyger." My high school speech class was required to memorize it and recite it to the class with expression. To this day, whenever anyone asks, I'm happy to provide an encore performance. Of course... nobody actually ever asks ;-) But I do con my kids into listening, hoping that some day they'll love the beauty and power of that poem as much as I do.

I'm not much of a poem person... but I adore "The Tyger" as well as "Break, Break, Break" by Alfred Lord Tennyson (very sad) and "A Dream Within a Dream" by Edgar Allan Poe.

What are your favorite?

No comments: