Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Newsy stuff

Breakthrough Promotions has a neat site - Mystery Morgue. It features reviews, interviews, and - this month - an essay I wrote about my experience at the Oregon Coast Professional Fiction Writers Workshop back in 2002. I hope you get a chance to take a look. Here's the link to the essay:


There's probably a more elegant way to post that, but I'm not quite sure how.


This is an article in our local paper, The Daily Southtown, featuring our writing group, the Southland Scribes. Photo below:



We're a good group--with great people--and we've been together so long, I feel like we're family. What's particularly exciting is that so many of us have been published that our little group's successes are beginning to get some notice. In fact, another local paper, The Star, ran a similar article about a week ago, but I haven't been able to find that one online. It's all good press!

Oh, and Robyn posted some new artwork last week:
http://robyn-hyzy.blogspot.com/ I love the birdcage picture!

Be well.
;-)

1 comment:

Ken Rand said...

Good On You, Hyzy, for posting on the Oregon Coast Workshop. A bummer that Kris & Dean discontinued the program and lucky us (and a few dozen others) who got a chance to attend the master class. Like you, My world changed as a result--it was That Singificant an experience. I'm still living on that energizing experience. I know a dozen others who, like me and you, are doing so too. Our books and stories are testimony on the efficacy of "The Kris & Dean Show."