Thursday, September 27, 2007

ARCs!!!

It's been busy here. Did I mention I received Advanced Reader Copies of State of the Onion? Berkley is sending bunches out (Yes!!) and I've sent a good portion of my supply to PJ Nunn of Breakthrough Promotions with the hope of getting some press in those big glossy magazines... I'd love to be reviewed in Entertainment Weekly, or be mentioned favorably in Newsweek. Since the book involves food, I've got my fingers crossed for interest from food-related magazines -- Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Cooking Light, etc. -- any or all of those.

Got any ideas how to break into those markets? Or do you have an "in" with any of them? I'd appreciate any suggestions, and any help!

Thanks!

Hmm... all this talk of food is making me hungry.
;-)

2 comments:

Ken Rand said...

Hyzy, you might could google up podcasters who specialize. Food, books, murder, politics. Hm. If you find a poidcaster who specializes --in all three!-- you got yerself a winner. I'm learning that podcasting reaches A Lot of folks. There are lists.

PJ said...

Julie, did you mention the book is "keep you up reading into the wee hours" great? It is!