Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Great week!

As much as I'm disappointed to not be attending the Five Star annual Author Day in Maine this weekend, I really can't complain. It's been a great week. Lots of fun stuff going on here, the highlight of which came from this very blog! Walter Scheib, former White House Executive Chef, sent me a comment. Wow! Since then, we've e-mailed and spoken once on the phone. What a gracious, wonderful man. He cleared up a couple of questions I had regarding some office locations (no, nothing classified!) and I'm ecstatic. To say I was blown away by his generosity is an understatement.

In other news, my writing partner, Michael A. Black http://www.michaelablack.com/, and I got good news from our editor, D.C. Brod, on our collaborative novel, DEAD RINGER. She liked it, she really liked it! She also made a great suggestion regarding one of the post-climactic scenes. Mike and I have already discussed and changed that scene. We both agree it's much stronger now.

Tomorrow and Friday are writing-only days for me. I have a slew of things to do this weekend, including attending a booksigning for my good friend Shane Gericke. Check out his website: ShaneGericke.com - he's having a great year, too.

More later... right now I have to figure out a way to finagle a lobster dinner Friday night... seeing as how I'll be missing the festivities in Maine this year...

:-)

3 comments:

Shane Gericke said...

Congrats to you and Mike for another piece of boffo editor-love! It's so nice when that happens, isn't it?

Thanks, too, for the nice plug for me and the site. I'm currently updating with ThrillerFest and other stuff, and can't wait to show it off to folks.

You know, you could wander down to the crick and go fishing for those real tiny lobsters ... crayfish, I think they call 'em ... they taste really muddy, but they're sure cheaper than the real thing :-)

Congrats again to you and Mike on the collaboration. Sweet, sweet stuff indeed!

Lonnie Cruse said...

Julie,

I didn't get to attend author day either, since my book won't be out from Five Star until December. Maybe we can both go next year?

Love your blog!

Julie Hyzy said...

Hi Lonnie! Hi Shane!
Thanks for stopping by and for the good wishes.

I do hope to make Author Day next year, Lonnie. Let's plan on it!

And, Shane... no lobster for me, yet and I don't think I'm quite ready for crayfish. Maybe one of these days. ;-)

Julie