Friday, July 06, 2007

Dusting Doorknobs

You know how it is - when everything seems more important than putting words on a page? For instance yesterday I kept finding things to do that didn't involve writing. Mind you, I didn't *really* dust doorknobs (anyone who knows me knows I rarely dust anything -- unless my Auntie Lena is coming to visit ) but I did manage to waste time all day with useless busy-ness. I found a missing book, I trimmed my roses. I went out to the book store but, unfortunately, I got nothing accomplished there.

To be fair, I also ran a few errands and mailed some contracts, so that counts as important stuff... right?

Today I've taken care of a few promotional tasks, and I'm researching the current book I'm writing. There are some big-busy items on my agenda from now till next Wednesday, so I know if I don't write today, I'll be sorry.

But here I am, at the blog... blogging. And wondering exactly when I should begin mentioning this site to people. I don't think it's "ready for prime time" just yet. If you happen to stop by, leave me a comment, okay? I'd like to know if anyone has seen this.

Enough procrastinating. Fun though it may be, I have even more fun in mind for today. Writing. And with that in mind... here I go. Wish me luck.

7 comments:

Julia Buckley said...

Hi, Julie! I think it's so cool that you have started a blog. Now I can keep up with all things Hyzy.

And I'm going to link to you on my blog!

Julie Hyzy said...

Woo-hoo!
It works. Thanks Julia!

Julia Buckley said...

Looks like your friend in Utah has a problem. :)

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Ken Rand said...

Hyzy, maybe this will work. Hello? Can you hea me? Hello?

Julie Hyzy said...

Hey Ken, you made it!! Woo-hoo! Welcome to the blog.

;-)

Lonnie Cruse said...

Hi Julie,

Saw your announcement about your blog on DL. Like it! Incidentally, I have the same writing problem, doing anything/everything but writing. I bet your mind is working on a problem, and when it hits on a solution, you'll be typing fast.